Welcome to EDUC 5100: PLTW Training
This graduate-level, Project Lead The Way course prepares K-12 educators to become more effective teachers of STEM-focused material. Your professor(s) for the course(s) depends on the grade level/pathway of your core training(s). Please see this flyer for more details.
|Launch (1-5)||Dr. Michelle Schwartze, Assistant Teaching Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||573-341-7721|
|Gateway||Mr. David Hosick, Sr. Director Program/Project OPS (PLTW)||email@example.com||573-341-6176|
|Biomedical Sciences (9-12)||Dr. David Westenberg, Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||573-341-4798|
|Computer Science (9-12)||Dr. Joe Stanley, Professoremail@example.com||573-341-6896|
|Engineering (9-12)||Dr. Stuart Baur, Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||573-341-7236|
1. First, identify your professor(s).
2. Read the syllabus and rubric. (See below.)
3. The Course requirements include:
- Project Lead The Way Core Training Certificate of Completion (from face-to-face training in 2019 or online training in 2020)
- Graduate Level Paper
You will submit your PLTW Core Training Certificate(s) and your required paper(s) to your professor(s) by email. Please email your professor(s) to open communications. The due date for your paper depends on the deadline for grade submission and time constraints of your professor.
4. ORDERING A TRANSCRIPT:
- Summer EDUC 5100: Your professor will notify you by email when they have evaluated your work. Be sure to wait for notification before you order transcripts. Transcripts are available after summer grades post on August 10th and anytime afterwards once you receive notice that your grade is posted. Go to The National Clearing House. DO NOT select “wait on grades”, or it will not be completed until December, the end of fall semester.
- Fall EDUC 5100: Fall grades will post in December. Go to The National Clearing House, and order your transcript. Select “wait on grades” and your transcript will be sent electronically as soon as fall grades post.
Thank you for choosing Missouri S&T to receive PLTW graduate-level credit. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Teacher Education and Certification at email@example.com or 573-341-4692.