Scholarship for Seniors, Kent King Scholarship
In honor of Kent King, the Missouri State Teachers Foundation awards up to 4 non-renewable $500.00 scholarships each year.
To be eligible you must
- Be a full-time student at a college or university in preparation for the teaching profession
- Qualify as a senior
- Must have met the requirements to be admitted to professional standing in the Department of Teacher Education and Certification
- Write a one page typed essay explaining your reasons for becoming a teacher and how you plan to accomplish this financially
- Present a one to two page (no longer) resume listing extracurricular activities, community involvement, and any honors you have received
- Include your most recent semester transcript
- Two one-page typed letters of recommendation
- Application deadline TBA
- One application from this campus will be submitted to MSTF Kent King Educator Scholarship Committee.
Priest Educational Foundation Scholarship
- This scholarship is intended for students who have declared majors in physics, chemistry or mathematics, with an emphasis in secondary education.
- You may be asked for a short interview. This interview will last approximately ten minutes and will be hosted by a committee of two or three retired educators.
- FAFSA is required
- Financial need will be considered.
- Please attach a copy of your transcript to the application.
- Applications are available in the Teacher Education Office.
Stephen A. Douglass Teacher Education Scholarship
- The scholarship will be awarded annually and dispersed in two equal installments. The amount of the scholarship will be determined by the amount of money available. Recipients may apply for the scholarship in subsequent years.
- Visit Academic Works at scholarships.mst.edu to apply for other campus and external scholarship opportunities