With the S&T Teacher Education Program you’ll earn double the credit hours required by other teacher education programs in the state.
S&T offers eight core areas of study for secondary education: Applied math, biology, chemistry, economics, English, history, physics, and psychology.
At S&T, you can graduate with a certificate in elementary or secondary education in addition to your degree.
Elementary: Earn a Bachelor of Arts in multidisciplinary studies with a concentration in STEAM.
Secondary: Earn a Bachelor of Arts or Science in your chosen certifiable area of study.
S&T’s Teacher Education program collaborates with over 30 regional public and accredited private schools allowing you to choose how you get your field & classroom experience.
Missouri S&T’s degree lays a strong foundation for teaching elementary or secondary education in any environment, making you highly sought-after.
1. Professional standing
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 and 3.0 GPA in content area and 60 credit hours
- Pass all sections of the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
- Attain a minimum grade of C or higher in Speech 1185, English 1120 and 1160, and a math course in college algebra or in a higher level math course
- Complete Educ 1040 and 1174 with a grade of C or higher
- Register with Family Care Safety Registry and obtained a satisfactory background check
- Complete a professional interview
- Complete the Missouri Educator Profile (MEP)
2. Student teaching requirements
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 and 3.0 GPA in content area
- Admitted to Professional Standing
- Pass Missouri Content Assessments (formerly Praxis II)
- Complete content hours with at least 15 from S&T with no grade lower than a "C"
- Complete all professional education requirement courses with no grade lower than a "C"
3. Steps completed by Teacher Education Program
- Degree confirmed and certification paperwork submitted to the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Certification confirmed and registrar's office notified